To all appearances he is a fool. His steps leave no trace.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires; seek discipline and find your liberty.
- Define what “good” means to you.
- Be good for its own sake.
- Be proactive: Actually do good things, not just avoid bad things.
- Consider the results.
- Consider the greater good.
- Be balanced.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt.
- Keep learning: Constantly improve your understanding of what goodness means.
- Find a guide.
- Be a guide to others.
- Delight in goodness.
- Getting Started
- Become more self-aware.
- Set goals for yourself.
- Find a role model.
- Exercising Compassion
- Learn to love yourself.
- Learn to control anger and jealousy.
- Practice empathy.
- Show people that you care.
- Be appreciative.
- Give to others.
- Choosing the Right Path
- Explore your talents.
- Do what you love.
- Practice self-control.
- Thank people who help you along the way.
What is a good man but a bad man’s teacher?
What is a bad man but a good man’s job?
If you don’t understand this, you will get lost, no matter how clever you are. It is the great secret.